When buying or selling real estate, both parties need fast and accurate information regarding the title to the real property involved. As a preliminary step to issuing title insurance, title searches go through available public records to check legal ownership and recorded liens or encumbrances that affect the property. Our title officers will help to identify outstanding title issues, and in many cases can help to resolve them.
TG Hawai‘i examines records relating to the property, as far back as the original source to verify the ownership of the title. Using our own title plant, we are able to quickly review and search available digital plat maps and documents from the tax assessor’s office, Bureau of Conveyances, district court offices, state health department, Grantor/ Grantee indices and other Hawai‘i legal filings.
Title insurance protects your property against claims of ownership or defects in the title. A onetime premium keeps the policy in force as long as you own the property and offers you peace of mind.
We are an agent and can write policies for national underwriters including:
• Chicago Title Insurance Company
• Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company
• Fidelity National Title Insurance Company
• First American Title Insurance Company
• National Title Insurance of New York
• Old Republic National Title Insurance Company
We offer the same title policy coverage as the mainland competition, but you benefit from TG Hawai‘i’s local knowledge and timely service.
TG Hawai‘i provides a full range of Title Products and services addressing the needs of buyers and sellers during real estate transactions:
• Preliminary title report
• Owner’s title insurance policy
• Homeowner’s one-to-four family policy
• Extended owner’s (ALTA) policy
• Lender’s ALTA policy
• Policy endorsements
• Litigation guarantee
• UCC-1 financing statement report
• Express property and lien check report
• Status report
• Lien report
Meet our Title Team.