A lease is both a contract between lessor (landlord) and lessee (tenant)and a conveyance or demise of the premises by the lessor to the lessee. A lease is a contract in that it embodies the agreement between the parties. The main elements of a lease contract are:
(1) the names of the lessor and lessee;
(2) an agreement to let and an agreement to take the premises;
(3) a statement of the permitted use of the property;
(4) description of the premises;
(5) the beginning date and duration of the term and
(6) the payment of rent. The lease is also a conveyance in that the agreement involves the creation of an estate in land, that is, the right to possession and use for a period of time.