The common name of the Board of Commissioners To Quiet Land Titles, established by the Act of December 10, 1845. It was composed of 5 commissioners whose duties were to investigate and decide upon all the claims of private individuals to any land acquired prior to the passage of the act. If a majority of the 5 commissioners approved a claim, a Land Commission Award was issued. Thereafter, the awardee paid a commutation tax and was issued a Patent on the Award. The Land Commission was dissolved as of March 31, 1855.